Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Lesson in Life

Becoming a parent has been challenging, fun, painful at times, but most of all it has been my biggest lesson in life. My daughter turns 2 next week and still has so much to learn; how to count, read, talk, love, be a friend, etc. But the truth of the matter is, I have learned so much more from her in the last 2 years and when I look at the world through her eyes, everything seems so much more simpler.

For Alivia, everything is about the now. She doesnt remember crying 5 minutes ago for her bottle or think about what she's going to do after this episode of Barney is over. She doesnt worry about how her feet are outgrowing her current pair of shoes or where her next meal will come from. She finds humor in the tiniest things and wonderment in things like bugs! When she learns something new, she isnt afraid to be proud of it and makes sure that everybody knows the new skill she's developed. Going to bed is something she hates because she doesnt want to miss a thing. She cant understand why mommy and daddy cant play with her when we are paying the bills or even cooking dinner. Bath time is a luxury for her; definitely not a necessity. Playing outside, running, jumping, swimming, singing, dancing - these are things she loves to do and are not considered exercise.

There are so many things that I have learned from my little girl that I could go on forever. I am jealous of how much she just loves life. I wish we all could have that innocence still. Even though I still get stressed, angry, impatient and worried, I can now stop myself and remember that my precious baby girl rarely ever feels these emotions. One day she will and I know my heart will break just a little for her. One day she will have responsibilities and grades and hard days, just like we all do. But for now, her delightful laugh and amazing smile lets me know that life is good and tomorrow is always a new day.

Mommy loves you Alivia Marie Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment